Friday, October 19, 2012

KDP Select: What the hell was that about?

Frankly, I feel like I got a little used.  That is the nicest way to say it.  Apparently KDP Select through Amazon.com was going to be a way for my work to reach more people.  I was hoping it would generate, I don't know, a COMMENT in the comment section from a reader who actually read the book.  Nothing.  Silence.  I thought maybe going into it would get me a, gee, idk, SALE.  Neither of those things happened.  Rather, I got 5 days of people accessing my book for free, seeing that it was getting traffic, and then nothing for three months.  Amazon Prime really is taking away the fun in this self-publishing process, but what are we suppose to do?  There are little options.

Now, my book is not worthy of, "Oh my gosh, I just read this awesome piece of prose.  You have to check it out."  You may have that nugget of awesome, I don't.  I have a legal information book with a narrow audience.  Needless to say, my marketing is going to need to look beyond this resource...

No comments:

Post a Comment