Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Eck! You mean my friends might actually read it!!

Any time you write something and you put it out there for the world to see, it is a little scary.  At least for me it has been pretty scary.  But, one of the main requirements of self-publishing is forwarding the notice to your friends and family.  "Hi!  I wrote something.  Please read it and forward your thoughts.  Especially if you see a typo or two!"  

Thus, when I received the following email from a close friend (who has critiqued my work in the past), I was elated.  It was so thoughtful of him to send a little hip-hip-hooray my way :)  

--------------

I started reading it last night and I'm in Chapter 5.  I love the writing style! Everything just flows so naturally, so conversationally.  And the humor is a great touch too! I never thought a book about marriage could be fun to read. Honestly, I'm learning a lot about marriage law that I had never really thought of.  And...I haven't seen a single typo yet. I have to say, I'm impressed.  Not bc I didn't think you were a good writer, but bc writing a full book is so damn hard.  I know I wouldn't try to do it.  

You are good.  Keep writing.  

--------------

I feel all warm and fuzzy now.  Plus, I needed the confidence boost to start the next book.  Happy days!!

Camille 

No comments:

Post a Comment