Sunday, January 13, 2013

Was mama right about the whole "eggs in one basket" or is there only one basket?


I woke up this morning remembering how mama would always warn me not to put all of my eggs in one basket.  She would advise me to never rely on one single source when you really need to spread yourself out.  It is in this line of thinking that I believe it best to investigate other regional publishing houses.  

IF (and that is an "if" in capitals), it is accepted by two.  Wouldn't they have to negotiate with me?  Wouldn't that be beneficial for me?  That, again, is a big what-if, but it might behoove me to check it out.  I should not be so freaking lazy and only send the text out once.  I should send it to others.  I think this may be something I need to Google...

*googling*

What do we have here?  So far I see one that publishes outdoor magazines...One that does historical texts...Hmmm.  I am not seeing any others.  Oh, dear.  I am not seeing any others!  This does not look promising.  

Oh, no.  Perhaps this basket is a bit more precious than I realized.  Perhaps this basket IS the basket, and that “is” is also in capitals!  Oh, gawd…  

CC

No comments:

Post a Comment